– Brandon Jacobs was third in the NFL in rushing yards per game with 91.7, however he only played in 11 games. Jacobs finished behind Adrian Peterson (95.8) and LaDanian Tomlinson (92.1) and ahead of Brian Westbrook (88.9) and Willie Parker (87.7).
– Clinton Portis led the league in rushing attempts with 325, one ahead of Edgerrin James.
– Jason Campbell led the league in fumbles lost with eight, one ahead of Eli Manning and Steve McNair
– Bill Belichick was fined $500,000 by the NFL for illegally video taping the New York Jets sideline during Week 1.
– The New England Patriots were fined $250,000 and lost their first round draft pick in the 2008 NFL draft for the video taping scandal.
– The San Diego Chargers finished the season on a six game winning streak.
– Three quarterbacks finished the season with a QB rating over 100: Tom Brady (117.2), Ben Roethlisberger (104.1) and David Garrard (102.2).
– Devin Hester had four punt returns for touchdowns this season, which is 9 less than the entire rest of the NFL combined.
– The Patriots became the first team in NFL history to finish a season 16-0 after they were found guilty of cheating in the first week of the season.
– Reggie Wayne had the most receiving yards with 1,510, a personal career high.
– Jon Kitna was the most sacked quarterback of the season, going down 51 times. He also fumbled a league high 16 times, although his team recovered 10 of them.
– Drew Brees had the most passing attempts with 652.
– Seven quarterbacks finished with over 4,000 yards passing: Tom Brady (4,806), Drew Brees (4,423), Tony Romo (4,211), Brett Favre (4,155), Carson Palmer (4,131), Jon Kitna (4,068) and Peyton Manning (4,040).
– Matt Hasselbeck finished 34 yards short of 4,000 passing yards.
– The Indianapolis Colts gave up the fewest points this year by surrendering only 262 in 16 games.
– The Patriots were the only team to go undefeated at home.
– The AFC South and the NFC East are the only divisions with multiple teams heading to the playoffs and each had three.
– The Cleveland Browns were the only team to finish above .500 (10-6) and not make the playoffs.
– Four teams finished 4-12, but zero teams finished 12-4.
– The New York Giants are the only playoff team to have a losing record at home this season.
– However, the Giants finished 7-1 on the road, defeating six teams under .500.
– Bill Belichick was fined $500,000 by the NFL for illegally video taping the New York Jets sideline during Week 1 (in case you missed it the first time).
– The New England Patriots were fined $250,000 and lost their first round draft pick in the 2008 NFL draft for the video taping scandal (in case you missed it the first time).
– Brady Quinn finished the season with 45 yards passing and zero touchdowns.
– Jared Allen led the league in sacks with 15.5 in only 14 games.
– Former #1 overall pick Mario Williams finished with 14 sacks in 16 games.
– Antonio Cromartie had 10 interceptions to lead the league after not having a single one in his rookie year.
– Rookie Patrick Willis had 174 tackles, 33 more than any other player.
– Rob Bironas had 35 field goals, including eight in one game. His 35 led the league.
– Kris Brown had the longest field goal of the season, a 57-yarder.
– Adam Vinatieri had two missed extra points.
– Andy Lee led the league in punts with 105, 10 more than the second place finisher.
– Dustin Colquitt had the longest punt of the year, an 81 yarder.
– Shane Lecler led the league in punting yards average with 48.1